Monday, August 3, 2009

shopping

so I go back to Wal-Mart with Cath and got her to buy the same printer...but they had a canon with all the stuff, 2 cartridges, total for $30, I got that one, a black model...and gave my printer to Cath for $30, WITH the wires and extra cartridge...and now she finally broke down and has a printer she likes, small and simple.
Is that weird or what? the Canon had all the wires and cartridges for $30...
now I am thinking of getting a better camera...sick and tired of those small ones, where you can't see what you are doing and I want manual focus control...and I think even the Nikon D40 has it.
I think it is available for $449...so I got to Target and they priced at, get this, $695!! so I tell the guy that is a mistake for sure...and he checks on the computer and he says, No, that is the price...fucked up.
Best Buy wants $495....
so it goes...
I want a normal camera with a viewfinder, manual focus etc...and big enough so I can see the controls, not the small ones that are designed for Mickey Mouse with tiny paws...

The Samsung I have is nice, a jewel actually, but a jewel is something you wear no take pictures with...the results are great, but it is touch and go, literally.
I mean I used to do photos professionally and used Nikons all over the place, still have them, loaded with film.
Of course Nikon has gone psychotic with models up to $8000. Only guys working for the New York Times can afford to get one, it is free from the company to use. And to say nothing about lenses, which cost a mint as well.

charles
----- Original Message -----
From: Adam Rotmil
To: charles rotmil
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: pirnter

Cheaper on ink but you won't get as good a print. You should look into ripping the guts out and making your own Piezzo printer for photographs. Plenty of info online.

On Aug 1, 2009, at 9:06 PM, "charles rotmil" wrote:
hi adam
irony of shopping
I ran out of ink for my epson printer...7 cartdriges!!!!
so what do I do go to Staples...$78 for the color ones and $27 for black....shit!!!!more than I paid for the damn thing $75....

so I went to Walmart and bought a HP printer, a small one with two cartridges for $32!!!!

is this something or what?
I gave the printer to the cleaning guy in the building, he was thrilled.

dad
_____
and now as soon as I wrote this Nikon comes out with the D3000 for lest than $700 at some stores...what to do? it does not have video...so what? but no live screen....

No comments: